Water Heater Installation and Repair
Same Day Water Heater Repair and Water Heater Replacement in Raeford, NC
- Gas and Electric Water Heater Maintenance
- Gas and Electric Water Heater Repair
- Gas and Electric Water Heater Replacement
- Gas and Electric Water Heater Installation
Water Heater Replacement in Raeford, NC
Signs You May Need to Replace Your Water Heater
- The water heater is leaking. When a water heater reaches the end of its lifespan, it may start leaking near the base.
- You hear banging or rumbling noises when in use. Over time, the water heater tank can build up sediment. Eventually, the sendiment will harden into clumps that may move around and bang or rumble when in use.
- The hot water output is diminishing. As water heaters age, they become less effective at heating. They also have a reducing water capacity due to the build up of sediment in the tank.
- Discoloration or rust in hot water. If you're noticing a discoloration or rust in your hot water, it may be a sign that the inside of the water heater tank has corroded and needs to be replaced.
- Your water heater is over 10-years-old. Once a water heater reaches the end of its lifespan, it may be more cost effective to replace the entire unit than to continue to make repairs so close to the end of the lifespan.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
- Regular water heater maintenance can significantly improve the lifespan of your water heater. Fortunately, routine water heater maintenance is something that most homeowners can complete on their own. Thomas Plumbing recommends taking the following steps to maintain your tank water heater:
- Keep the thermostat at or just below 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Test the temperature and pressure relief valve annually.
- Check the anode rod regularly.
- Insulate the water heater pipes.
- Flush your water heater every 6-12 months.
- Drain sediment from the water heater tank.